Frequently Asked Questions
Tips and tricks on how to use Quantum CSP
The necessary data for creating an order are:
- Company name
- Physical address
- Name of contact person, email address and phone number
When the customer is completely new
- When the customer is completely new, this means that he never had a Microsoft subscription service with annual or monthly payment in any form of licensing: Open, OVS, OV, etc. (e.g. product with annual or monthly subscription: Office 365, Exchange Online, etc.).
- Go to the Orders – New Order menu
- Choose the New Customer option and start completing the fields required to create the customer.
*Also, in this step, we will also choose a tenant name (the location of the new client on Microsoft servers) that we will create by completing the Primary Domain field after selecting the ONMICROSOFT.COM option
*Please note: if you have chosen a tenant name that already exists you will be notified by the CSP platform with the message: Tenant already exists! Request delegated admin will be sent. To resolve, please choose a different tenant name until you have the confirmation message New tenant will be created.
Order details section
- Monthly: Will generate monthly invoices on billing date (12 of each month)
- Annually: Will generate annual invoices
- Trial: For cases where you want to give your client a 30-day test license
*Attention to: special price orders will be processed manually by representatives of Microsoft’s TNT department. This implicitly means that the activation of licenses will not be immediate, but only after approval of the special price order.
The client has previously had a Microsoft Subscription, but it is new in the CSP platform
This scenario addresses the clients who already have a Microsoft tenant and most probably want to keep using it. Why would somebody want to keep their tenant?
- they already have created users on that tenant
- the users have all sorts of data stored in several Online services, such as SharePoint or OneDrive
- the admin has already set-up Exchange Online or has even migrated Exchange Online to a dedicated domain such as companyname.ro.
In order to create an order for this type of situation, we need the Primary (default) Domain from the end customer.
- Access Orders – New Order
- Choose the New Customer option
- Fill in your client’s data and the name of their existing tenant. The platform will let you know that this tenant is already in use and will send an automatic email requesting delegated admin rights, necessary for the activation of a CSP subscription.
- Go on through the actions mentioned in the Second Step from the New Client
- Next steps:
- The order is placed and awaits the client’s confirmation to the delegated admin request
- Contact your client and ask him to access the email received from the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting the delegated admin rights.
- Ask the client to click on the link from the email and accept the invitation to delegate the admin rights.
- In order to accept the invitation, the client needs the credentials from the Global Admin account.
- Note: If you have an Indirect CSP Reseller account and you have accepted NOD’s Indirect CSP Provider invitation, in the Partner Information section from the Delegate Admin Rights page you will see your company’s name. If you don’t have an Indirect CSP Reseller account, make sure to follow the septs described here: http://nodacademy.ro/cum-deveniti-partener-microsoft-csp/ and afterwards get in touch with NOD representatives in order to ask them to send you the Indirect CSP Provider invitation.
- The client clicks on the Conectare button and used the Global Admin account.
- In the login screen the client has to read and accept the terms and conditions and then click on the Autorizati CSP
- When this step is completed, the CSP platform confirms the order. Order confirmation is automatically done each hour, in case you need to need an urgent processing you can contact one of NOD representatives from the Feedback feature of the CSP platform.
I want to change the number of seats for my client
In order to change the number of seats for an existing client in the COD CSP platform, you have to access the Orders -Subscription menu.
- We search the name of the client
- Click on the name of the client
- Click on the arrow from the left of the client’s name in order to expand the list with the client’s subscriptions
- Click on the subscription we want to change (there can be multiple subscription therefore it is highly important to choose exactly the one we want to apply the changes to).
- Click on Change Subscriptions and modify the number of seats and/or add-ons
- We can modify the number of seats from the Quantity field using the up or down arrow or we can input the exact number from the keyboard.
Beware: the number of seats in the Quantity field represents the number of seats the client will be able to use. The number of seats you fill in the Quantity field DOES NOT represent the number of seats you want to add or delete from that subscription.
- Scroll down the Change subscription page and click on the SAVE CHANGES
I want to add a new subscription for my client
If you want to add a new subscription for an existing client, go to Orders – New Order. In the given example, the client has an Office 365 Business premium subscription and we want to add a new PowerBI subscription.
- From the Orders – New Orders choose Microsoft
- Click on the Place New Order button
- In the Customer section choose Existing customer
- Start filling in the name of the client and click on the client’s name from the list
- Follow the instruction from the Step 2 , from the New Client above..
I want to close my client’s subscriptions
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How can I find the tenant of an existing client?
- Open an Internet browser (Explorer/Chrome)
- Access: portal.office.com
- Login with the Global admin credentials
- Access the Administration section
Ask A Question
Don’t Be Shy!